When it comes to your spinal care, there are several things your chiropractor wants you to know. The professional chiropractors in Chase at Comprehensive Spine and Sports Center want to help you.
Top Ten Things Your Chiropractor Wants You to Do
There are things you can do to help prevent neck and back injuries. These include:
- Cut back on the use of your cellphone to prevent neck strain and injury.
- Start off each morning with stretches to keep the blood flowing and loosen up muscles.
- If your neck is stiff, do not crack it. This can cause injury.
- When you have immediate injuries, remember RICE (rest, ICE, compression, and elevation). Do not apply heat to injuries within the first 72 hours.
- If you have to bend, bend at your knees, not your waist.
- Practice proper posture.
- Get plenty of exercise and eat healthy foods.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach if possible.
- Make sure the bags, backpacks, and purses are lightweight and carried properly.
- If you have issues, see your doctor immediately.
Top Ten Things Your Chiropractor Wants You to Know
When it comes to chiropractic care, there are some things your provider wants you to know about the benefits of chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care is safe and effective. It is designed to help you, not harm you.
- Neck readjustment or realignment will not break your neck.
- Chiropractors must be trained and certified just like medical doctors and receive more training than most doctors.
- Different chiropractors offer different types of adjustments, so it’s important to find the right one for you.
- Chiropractic care is not something you will need for a lifetime, but you can benefit from a lifetime of chiropractic care.
- Care from a chiropractor goes beyond back and neck pain to help with other issues.
- Chiropractors help your body heal itself.
- Your chiropractor doesn’t want you to “crack” your own back. Let them do it correctly to prevent injury.
- Chiropractors can treat patients of any age.
- Chiropractors are doctors with a specialty in spinal manipulation.
Finding a Chiropractor Chase Maryland
If you have experienced neck or back pain, suffer from frequent migraines, Dr. Neil Cohen has over 35 years of experience and can help! Call Comprehensive Spine and Sports Center, your chiropractor in Chase, today!