We live in a digital world and spend more time than ever on our computers. All that time spent at our desks or on our laptops can lead to neck pain and other issues, but there is hope. If you are looking for a physical therapist in the Nottingham, MD area because your computer is causing neck pain, you can get help from the professionals at Comprehensive Spine and Sport Center.
How Your Computer may be Hurting Your Neck
There are a number of ways your computer may be causing pain in your neck. Look at your home or office set up and ask the following question:
- Is my home or office setup ergonomically sound?
- How is your posture? Is your body properly aligned?
- Are you taking regular breaks from your computer? Do you get up every 30 minutes to stretch or walk away from your desk or computer?
- Is your monitor set at the right height to avoid neck pain?
How Physical Therapy Can Help
Physical therapy can provide relief from neck pain due to computer usage. The physical therapists at Comprehensive Spine and Sport Center, can not only work with you one on one to relieve muscle tension and pain, they can also give you exercises and tips to avoid re-injury or recurring pain. The therapist will also assess your poster and provide exercises designed to strengthen your back and core and improve how you sit and stand.
Setting Up Your Work Space to Avoid Neck Pain
When you are setting up your computer station to avoid neck pain, consider the following:
- Be aware of your posture and practice good posture when at your computer.
- Utilizing a standing desk if possible and make sure you are not slumping when using your standing desk.
- Set your monitor so you can look directly at it without looking up or down.
- Every 30 minutes, walk away from your desk and take a break.
- Set your keyboard at the proper height to keep your shoulders from becoming strained or tense.
Looking for a Physical therapist in Nottingham MD?
If you need a physical therapist in Nottingham, MD for computer neck pain, contact the professionals at Comprehensive Spine and Sports Center and get relief today.