Each year almost 35 million Americans suffer from migraines. Migraines can be debilitating and suffer use a number of methods to get relief. If you need a chiropractor in Chase, MD because you suffer migraines, you may be wondering where you can go for help. The professional chiropractors at Comprehensive Spine and Sport Center can provide you with options to relieve migraine pain.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Many migraine sufferers want relief that doesn’t involve pharmaceuticals, so they turn to a licensed chiropractor for help. A chiropractor can use a number of techniques to help realign a person’s neck and spine to help reduce tension and headaches, and they can use a technique known as dry needling to get relief. Dry needling is similar to acupuncture; however, instead of targeting energy points, dry needling targets tension points.
What is Dry Needling?
For migraine sufferers who want to try a drug-free approach to treating their headaches, dry needling is an excellent alternative. Dry needling involves using monofilament needles to target trigger points in muscles. This process improves blood flow and relieves tension which helps alleviate pain. The steps in dry needling can include:
- First, the chiropractor will see which areas have the most muscle tension to determine where to place the needles.
- The area will be cleaned thoroughly to prevent infection.
- Needles are strategically placed in the areas with the most tension. This could be along the hairline, in the neck and shoulder area, or down the spine.
- Patients shouldn’t experience pain when the needles are inserted, but they can experience a slight twitch in the muscle as the tension is relieved.
- The chiropractor checks regularly with the patient to make sure he or she isn’t uncomfortable or in pain.
Looking for a Chiropractor in Chase MD?
The ultimate goal of dry needling is to increase blood flow and nerve response which will, in turn, make the healing process faster. Dry needling is used in conjunction with other chiropractic therapies for maximum results and muscle tension relief.
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Chase, MD, and suffer from migraines, you can get relief at Comprehensive Spine and Sports Center. Call today for a treatment plan to relieve your migraine pain.