What Chiropractic Patients Ought to Know About Orthotics
Individuals who suffer from a recurring medical condition, as well as those who experience a sudden injury, have the same overall goals. They want to manage pain, find a successful treatment option, and heal as quickly as possible. Fortunately, chiropractic care helps promote healing and strengthen the body by working on it in its entirety.
It’s Good to Have Options
An experienced chiropractor in Baltimore MD, Dr. Neil Cohen, understands there are some other treatments in addition to chiropractic care that help aid pain management, increase mobility, and decrease healing time. Depending on the condition, individuals may experience a wide array of benefits from blending these treatments into their chiropractic treatment.
One such treatment is orthotic appliances. If life were a sandbox, chiropractic care and orthotics would be the best of friends. Orthotics treat muscle and skeletal conditions, as does chiropractic treatment. Some of the key benefits of utilizing orthotics as treatment include:
- Greater support. Orthotics “brace” the body part that is not performing at full strength, allowing it to heal faster.
- Success in keeping certain areas immobile. Sometimes a person’s injury requires little or no movement. Orthotics serve this scenario well.
- Decreasing weight bearing on the particular body part. Feet, for example, bear a great deal of the body’s weight. Consequently, they are one of the more difficult area of the body to treat. Orthotics provide the weight bearing assistance needed to give the body time to repair and heal itself.
- Body stabilization. If a part of the body is not functioning adequately, the entire body may be unstable. This unsafe situation can actually cause other injuries. Orthotics and braces are tools that stabilize the body by providing extra support.
- Body alignment correction. A variety of injuries and other health conditions cause misalignment of the spine. Certain orthotics assist the body in achieving alignment over the course of time, especially when combined with chiropractic adjustments.
Orthotics and Chiropractic Care
Used in the course of chiropractic treatment, orthotics provide a valuable part in recovery. Marrying the regimens of chiropractic care and orthotics supercharge the healing and recovery time. Here’s how:
Helps eliminate painful symptoms. With chiropractic visits working on the body as a whole, and orthotics offering support and stabilization, patients often show a decrease in painful symptoms faster than employing one or the other.
Increases the chance of returning to normal activity. Utilizing orthotics gives the area that is under-performing stabilization and support. Therefore, a patient returns to work and other daily activities faster than chiropractic treatment alone.
Minimizes reliance on medication. A chronically painful medical issue is quite difficult to manage without medication. Unfortunately, long-term use of certain medications can create health and addiction issues, leaving more problems. The combination of chiropractic care and orthotics empowers many individuals to lessen their dependence on drugs.
Looking for a Chiropractor in Baltimore MD?
No matter the injury or condition, an experienced chiropractor can determine the best regimen for each individual patient’s needs. By consulting with chiropractors who also utilize orthotics in their practices, most health issues can be tackled more effectively which, in return, provides even greater results.
Should you need a chiropractor in Baltimore MD, contact Dr. Neil Cohen at Comprehensive Spine & Sports Center in Essex. He and his staff will develop a customized treatment plan to help you on your road to recovery.